1) last week i convinced myself that my little family was not taking advantage of living in a large city around the holidays. we had missed a tree lighting in our community, a tree lighting downtown, and a major christmas parade. so impulsively i bought us tickets to go see "how the grinch stole christmas" at the new winspear opera house in the arts district downtown. ben was a little too young to fully 'get' the story, but he loved the grinch. chris and i particularly enjoyed oohing and aahhhing over the gorgeous interior AND exterior of the opera house. and everything was all lit and sparkling for the holidays, so pretty. good job, dallas. we'll be doing that again.
2) another date night. i am getting spoiled here. this time it included mexican food, wild about harry's, christmas lights in highland park and love and other drugs. if you are the tiniest bit curious to know what jake gyllenhal or anne hathaway look like naked, then this movie is for you.
3) the company christmas party went down not according to plan this year, but was successful nonetheless. the men filled their bellies with barbeque and were gifted with hams and pumpkin bread. (i had to include the picture of choo and pawpaw because we have always thought that she favored our mawmaw. but check those two out...the mouths, the chin....she is martin through and through).
4) celebrating my daddy-o's birthday at adair's. this annual celebration includes delicious burgers, pitchers of beer, and our favorite country songs covered by the one and only red reynolds. this year i was the only preggo in the bar. doing my best to keep it classy.
5) my boy with his soldiers. they talk to each other. and on this particular morning they all gathered around the flower (on the rug) for a meeting. i rudely interrupted by snapping pictures.
greatest hits is short and sweet this week simply because i can't remember what else i've done. i would blame it on "pregnancy brain", but in all honesty i think it is simply "cortney brain".
until next time,