1.27.2011

this and that

* i really need to come up with a clever name for these posts where i cram all of the internet goodies i have my eyes on.  but i am still too tired for that.  good news: ben is feeling a bit better today.  bad news: his cough still sounds like a seal.  we are on day two of our movie marathon.  mary poppins is singing to him as i blog away.

  • i was recently introduced to the blog, little bee (thanks, marli).  i love, love, love bloggers who are honest and FUNNY.  she recently coined the term thankles, which if you are familiar with cankles, you can already imagine what it means.  she is very pregnant and is trying to keep a sense of humor about her body.  read it for a laugh.
  • reason #2,459 to visit nyc.  this public art installation features 38 giant pink and red roses all along park avenue.  photo via.

  • this quote:   She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them & give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.
~ Toni Morrison

(appropriate considering my best friend just delivered hot chocolate to me and my sick child.  quote found here.)
  • i want/need/love all of these things for my home.

found here.
and here.

  • my music twin recently recommended the new amos lee.  this song is a goodie.


and this song never gets old, even if it's over 6 minutes long.  honestly i am impressed by anyone who can remember all the lyrics to any song, much less a 6 minute one.



that's all for now.  enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment