5.19.2011

good night story

sadly, i love profanity.  is that insane to admit on this blog?  those of you that know me well, know that i can have a filthy mouth at times, and that i come from a long line of filthy mouths on my mother's side of the family.  is there a profanity gene?  a curse word, used appropriately, can drive your point home, punctuate a sentence perfectly, or just make what you are saying much funnier. {i still giggle when i remember my sister at age 3 cursing the ice dispenser on our refrigerator; "shit, shit, shit!" my 8 year old self didn't find it funny until after i tattled on her.}

case in point, this good-night story.  omg.  effin' hilarious.  if you don't appreciate a potty-mouth like i do, you might want to skip this read.  but if you are a parent, this author says everything you want to say to your child at bedtime, but won't.  genius.

effin' read it.



sample text says:
The windows are dark in town, child.
The whales huddle down in the deep.
I'll read you one last book if you swear
You'll go the fuck to sleep.

here's another:
The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest
And the creatures who crawl, run, and creep.
I know you're not thirsty.  That's bullshit.  Stop lying.
Lie the fuck down, my darling, and sleep.

reserve your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment