8.26.2012

songs i love: stevie wonder

in my dreams, i would be asked to serve on a panel for rolling stone paste magazine to rank the ten best slow-dance songs, or the best sad songs, or the best beginnings of songs.

if i had to vote on the best beginnings of songs all my votes would probably go to stevie wonder (except for one).

i heard two stevie songs on the radio today that i love, love, love.

{i mean, tell me that's not a good beginning of a song.}
{my favorite.}

p.s. don't forget about this one.

p.p.s. and as much as i love stevie, my heart really belongs to al green.  this, in my opinion, is the best beginning of a song ever:

p.p.p.s.  i wanna be on soul train.

am i the only one who thinks about these things?  
who would you vote for?


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you posted a Soul Train clip for me to see first thing Monday morning. Alas, I do not think about these things but I love, love, love that you do! :)

    ReplyDelete