well, it's official. i am 33. and apparently, 33 is going to be bad-ass according to this study. we shall see. but so far, so good. i have felt especially loved this week. here's why:
1) first ever deep ellum food truck rally. since we are old, we got there early, therefore did not have to wait in too long of a line. the winner of the favorite thing we ate is: sliders from easy slider food truck. delish.
after some serious head-banging to a local band, ben declared that when he grows up, he wants to be a musician/artist/zookeeper/fisherman.
2) running a personal record of 3.5 miles. chris surprised me with some hypnotic donuts to celebrate. yes, that is bacon on a donut. and yes, apparently i have an eating problem.
(for the record, i only ate one.)
3) visiting the white rock local market where i bought myself some cute earrings and a small succulent in the sweetest handmade pot. (both were destroyed by my angelic children within 48 hrs. of purchasing them. whatevs.)
4) sushi for lunch. crosby appreciated the chopsticks but not the edamame.
5) a candy-themed birthday party with my big boy.
6) girls night out. kelly smuggled pickle-shots in her purse so i could have a birthday shot! that's my girl.
jenn had her first big night out since having baby nolan. we had a lot to celebrate!
7) the funniest moment of the weekend was when crosby snatched and inhaled a handful of peppered bacon off of grandpa's plate, while he was busy preparing the baby a plate of nutritious, bit-sized fruit. that kid is a piece of work.
8) an afternoon spent at the dallas museum of art, where we saw the fantastic exhibit youth and beauty: art of the american twenties. i did not expect to see any georgia o'keeffe or edward hopper, so that was a sweet little birthday surprise.
followed by time spent as a family in the amazing center for creative connections, where crosby and ben were able to play and create.
9) and since you only turn 33 once, i finished the day with one of those fancy margaritas with a beer in it (ha!) and cake. perfection.
looking forward to the dallas flea and celebrating (more) birthdays with family.
how was your week? what are you looking forward to?
until next time,