this year marcy was in charge of planning the weekend. i was unsure if i would even be able to go this year since i have a tiny baby, so marcy planned this trip close to home just in case i could go. and upon my husbands insistence that he could hold down the fort without me, i was able to join the girls. thank you marcy and chris, you have no idea how much that means to me.
so without further adeu, here is our girls trip greatest hits:
1) sarah coming in from washington to surprise us.
2) floating and sun-worshipping, all while sipping cocktails from giant thermoses. (we are all really good at all of those, by the way)
3) dinner at the town's beer garden,
where we people-watched,
laughed with each other,
and danced and twirled
while two local high school boys serenaded us with texas country.
4) went to a fancy resort on a gorgeous ranch,
where we were spa-treated (they even personalized our lockers in the spa bathroom. fancy.)
and lunched by the pool,
with some necessary hair of the dog.
(our view from the pool)
5) jami walking in the door (from germany, mind you). danke, jami. wir liebst du? wir lieben dich? what i am trying to say is, we love you.
it was an unforgettable trip. we never worried about a thing, marcy spent our money and spoiled us rotten. i am now pimping out her services as a travel agent (i am only kind of kidding). let me know if you are interested!
cannot wait to see what happens next time.
this one will be tough to follow.
*deets: we went to glen rose, texas where marcy rented a beautiful house on the river. we were pampered at rough creek ranch.